We can all prevent suicide. At SEPTA, we believe with help comes hope. If you or any of your loved ones are experiencing distress or thoughts of suicide, please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is committed to providing the best professional practices as well as building awareness.
For more information, visit The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website.
Coming Soon: 988
Starting July 16, 2022, 988 will be the direct three-digit line directed to trained counselors for millions of Americans seeking help and guidance.
Similar to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 988 is a designated crisis line to effectively promote and resource the following:
- Connect a person in a mental health crisis to a trained counselor who can address their immediate needs and help connect them to ongoing care.
- Reduce health care spending with more cost-effective early intervention.
- Reduce use of law enforcement, public health, and other safety resources.
- Meet the growing need for crisis intervention at scale.
- Help end stigma toward those seeking or accessing mental healthcare.
1-800-273-8255 (TALK) will always remain available to people in emotional distress or suicidal crisis, even after 988 is launched nationally.