There are SEPTA Key Cards in use that will be expiring on September 30, 2023 so please take a moment to check the “Good Thru” date on the front of your card. If your card is set to expire and it is not already registered, please do so immediately at: https://www.septakey.org/. This action protects your card and fare products today and makes it much easier to transfer any Travel Wallet funds or pass products on your card.
Please remember, if your card is set to expire September 30, 2023, you will not be able to add pass products that include valid travel periods beyond September 30. Travel Wallet funds will continue to be valid on an expiring card through September 30, 2023.
Before you can transfer the fare product(s) on an expiring card you will need to:
- Purchase a new SEPTA Key Card
- Register your new Key Card to your existing account
Once you have a new card, you have two options to transfer your fares:
- Go to septakey.org and do a Card to Card transfer of your Pass and/or Travel Wallet funds.
- Visit a SEPTA Sales Location – you can buy a new card and have your fare product(s) transferred on the spot in one transaction
The SEPTA Key Customer Call Center (855-567-3782) can transfer Travel Wallet funds only and the process can take up to 3 business days.
If your card expires and it is unregistered, your only option is to contact the SEPTA Key Customer Call Center at 855-567-3782 to request a credit/refund for any unused daily passes or Travel Wallet Funds.
How to Register Your Key Card Online
- Visit www.septakey.org and click on “Register My New Card”
- On the Account Details page, enter your 16-digit Key Card number located on the face of the card and the 10-digit serial number located on the back of the card. Create and enter a username and password following the parameter instructions.
- “Next” on the “Personal Details” page, enter your name, email and cell number. A valid email address is required.
- “Next” on the “Shipping Address” page, enter your name and address and click “Create Account”
- Within a few minutes, you will receive a confirmation email and need to click on the link labeled, “Confirm Account Creation.” This must be done within 24 hours.
- Clicking the confirmation email link will return you to the SEPTAKey login screen where you can enter your username and password to use the account.
Where to Buy Your New Key Card
- You can purchase a new SEPTA Key Card at a Station or Bus Loop Fare Kiosk, a SEPTA Sales Office, or from a participating retailer.
- Participating retailers can sell cards and reload value or products. They cannot complete a card replacement or transfer products from expiring Key Cards. You will need to purchase the card and use the web site or Call Center to complete the transfer.
- Key Cards cost $4.95 each but if you register the card within 30 days, this amount will be credited to your Travel Wallet for use at a later time. Limit two rebates per account.
- Please remember that you must make a purchase when you get a Key Card. You can load as little as $1.00 in your Travel Wallet, so you can make that your fare purchase with your new card.
- Don’t forget to immediately register your new card to your existing account – you’ll need to do this before you can transfer any fare products.
SEPTA Card Transfer Locations
- 1234 Market St. SEPTA Sales Office 19107
- 15th St. Sales Office 1500 Market St.
- Frankford Transportation Center Bridge St. & Frankford Ave., 19124
- Olney Transportation Center 5600 N. Broad St. Philadelphia, PA 19141
- 69th St. Transportation Center 6901 Market St. Upper Darby, PA 19082
- 30th Street Station Sales Office 30th & Market Sts., Train Terminal Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Jefferson Station Sales Office (Section A) 12th & Market Sts. Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Suburban Station Sales Office 16th St. & JFK Blvd., Concourse Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Temple University Station Sales Office Berks St. between 9th and 10th Sts., Philadelphia, PA 19122