Beginning, November 2, 2022 – Until Further Notice
SEPTA is reinvesting in and rebuilding the system to provide safe, reliable service, while enhancing the travel experience for current and future customers by upgrading, rehabilitating, and replacing critical infrastructure. The entry location at 10th and Filbert at Jefferson Station is a bustling accessible entrance to Regional Rail, the Market-Frankford Line as well as the Fashion District.
- Provide new marquee and illuminated signs at the corner of 10th and Filbert Streets
- Upgrade existing lighting, add CCTV cameras and digital displays
- Clean the existing stone paneling, both inside and out
- Modernize the interior vestibule area with updated tile flooring, wall tile, ceiling panel system and fresh paint throughout
- Install new wayfinding signage
- Establish clear connection to the Jefferson Hospital shuttle with a new exterior passenger waiting area
Approximately $3.2 million
- Construction Start: September 26, 2022
- Project Completion: Spring 2023
Potential Impact to the Community:
- Construction will be phased to keep elevator access at 10th and Filbert operating during the work.
- Disturbance should be normal construction related activities and noise.
- Sidewalk and road closures are anticipated for exterior drainage, sidewalk, signage and marquee installation.
- Notices for any closures or alternate routes will be posted ahead of time to give proper notice.
The renovation work will be completed by mid-2023 and will feature new floors, walls, ceilings, sidewalks, railings, lighting, doors, digital signage, security, and communications features. There will also be new exterior façade and large illuminated signage on both 10th and Filbert Streets.
Please contact SEPTA Customer Service at 215-580-7800 for information or visit the Passenger Services kiosk in Jefferson Station for more information.
Sadiyah Sabree, Constituent & Community Relations Coordinator
SEPTA Public and Government Affairs
For more information, visit www.septa.org or contact SEPTA Customer Service at 215-580-7800.