The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) will conduct public hearings regarding changes to the bus network in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. These changes are proposed as part of SEPTA Forward: Bus Revolution, the authority’s first comprehensive redesign of its entire bus network.
Members of the public may attend hearings in-person or join a virtual hearing. These hearings will take place at locations throughout the SEPTA service area during the month of September 2023. All locations will be ADA accessible and along an existing SEPTA bus route. A complete schedule of hearing dates and locations as well as all of the proposed bus network changes will be published on the events calendar and www.SEPTAbusrevolution.com on or around September 1, 2023.
At these hearings, SEPTA will present the proposed changes to the bus network documented on the project website, www.SEPTAbusrevolution.com and shared at public meetings throughout the region in 2022 and 2023. SEPTA has conducted four previous rounds of public engagement, shared two different network concepts, received thousands of comments, and has made many adjustments to the network based on public feedback.
Each public hearing will begin with the Hearing Examiner’s opening remarks, a reading of SEPTA’s official testimony by a representative of the Authority, and the sharing of a corresponding presentation. After this, the hearings will be opened for public comment. SEPTA representatives will be available at each hearing to listen to public comments and public testimony. The first hearing will be held Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at SEPTA’s Headquarters at 1234 Market Street. Individuals requiring translation services or sign-language interpreters, should send requests to [email protected], no later than September 6, 2023.
Hearing Materials and Additional Participation Opportunities:
- Starting on or around September 1, 2023, individuals may view hearing materials, including presentation slides, maps, and tariffs for individual bus routes on the project website, www.SEPTAbusrevolution.com
- If individuals cannot attend a hearing in-person, there will be two virtual hearings using WebEx with the opportunity to provide testimony
- Individuals wishing to participate in the virtual hearings, must pre-register at www.SEPTAbusrevolution.com
- Individuals may submit comments via email to: [email protected] or fill out the testimony form available at www.SEPTAbusrevolution.com
- Persons desiring to provide oral comments or testimony about the Bus Revolution Network Changes may call 267-291-6045 and submit such comments or testimony via voicemail message.
- Persons wishing to file written comments may mail them to the Director, Service Planning, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, 1234 Market St., 9th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
All comments received will become part of the public record and will be forwarded to the Hearing Examiner. To be included in the public record, comments must be received by 5:00 pm on September 30, 2023.
Bus Revolution Public Hearings Calendar
|Date||County||Hearing Location||Hearing Time|
|Tuesday 9/12||Philadelphia||1234 Market Street||5-8 pm|
|Wednesday 9/13||Philadelphia||Virtual – https://septaorg.webex.com/weblink/register/ra1f299edaa83fcac58dfb20bb5868ae0||12-2 pm|
|Wednesday 9/13||Philadelphia||Virtual – https://septaorg.webex.com/weblink/register/r5308eb60750c90ac60490f1a7f27b3ce||5-7 pm|
|Thursday 9/14||Bucks||Bucks County Community College – Bristol Campus, 1304 Veterans Highway, Bristol, PA 19007||6-8 pm|
|Tuesday 9/19||Chester||West Chester University Sykes Theater – 110 W Rosedale Ave., West Chester, PA 19382||6-8 pm|
|Wednesday 9/20||Philadelphia||Temple University – Liacouras Center – 1776 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19121||6-8 pm|
|Thursday 9/21||Montgomery||Norristown Public Library – 1001 Powell Street, Norristown, PA 19401||5-7 pm|
|Tuesday 9/26||Delaware (Chester)||Chester City Hall – 1 E 4th Street, Chester, PA 19103||6-8 pm|
|Wednesday 9/27||Philadelphia||1234 Market Street||5-8 pm|
|Thursday 9/28||Delaware (Upper Darby)||Upper Darby Township Building – 100 Garret Road, Upper Darby, PA 19082||6-8 pm|