SEPTA Operational Status
Regional Rail Tickets
While customers are no longer required to wear masks on SEPTA vehicles or in SEPTA stations, employees will continue to wear them.
Use a SEPTA Key card for contactless fare payment.
Riders are encouraged to get vaccinations and boosters, maintain social distancing, and follow good hygiene practices such as washing their hands frequently and covering their faces when they cough or sneeze.
- SEPTA vehicles are well ventilated. Air changes occur on every vehicle every two to three minutes, adhering to CDC recommendations.
- SEPTA has upgraded to high-efficiency cabin air filters on vehicles. Filters are changed on a regular basis in accordance with vehicle system testing and reliability recommendations.
- SEPTA cleans vehicles daily. Additionally, vehicles receive an intense detailed heavy cleaning every 10 days.
With restrictions being lifted across the SEPTA service area, we want to make sure you have the information you need to get back to riding the system.
- “Move Better Together” Recovery Plan (PDF)
- SEPTA Reopening Guide, English (PDF)
- SEPTA Reopening Guide, Spanish (PDF)
- SEPTA Reopening Guide, Chinese (PDF)
- Action Plan for Safe Return to Travel (PDF)
- Rider Etiquette (PDF)
- What Employers Can Do to Promote Safe Travel on SEPTA (PDF)
- What SEPTA Is Doing for Customers (PDF)
- SEPTA’s Focus on Cleaning (PDF)
- SEPTA Key Travel Wallet for Regional Rail (PDF)
- COVID-19 Winter 2021 Customer Survey (PDF)
SEPTA COVID-19 News
See our COVID-19 news stream or subscribe to our RSS feed for all news.
Our COVID-19 Media page is an archive of video announcements and graphics.
- Cleaning and Security Enhancements in Place to Keep Customers and Employees Safe In support of the City of Philadelphia’s decision to relax its Safer at Home restrictions […]
- New Online Tool Gives Customers a Virtual Look On-Board Vehicles While Planning Trips; Available Now for Most Bus Routes, Will Expand to Cover All Modes Effective June […]
- New Maps Highlight Convenient & Frequent SEPTA Options for Mass Vaccine Sites SEPTA is encouraging Philadelphia residents to take transit to their appointments at the City’s COVID-19 […]
- Part of Regional Effort to Promote Safe and Healthy Travel During Pandemic SEPTA is bolstering efforts to promote safe and health travel during the pandemic with the […]
- Researchers from Drexel University will be working with the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) to enhance efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on public transportation. Through […]
- Designed to Promote Safe & Healthy Habits for Travel During COVID-19 Pandemic Due to an overwhelmingly positive response, SEPTA is extending the Social Distancing Coaches program through […]
- Program is designed to thank customers for mask compliance and offer general information in the age of COVID-19 In an effort to promote mask-wearing compliance and social […]