New SEPTA Regional Rail Schedules will go into effect on Sunday, Dec. 11, 2016. The new schedules are part of an overall improvement plan to enhance Regional Rail service reliability throughout SEPTA’s system.
Highlights of the Dec. 11 schedule change are as follows:
- Weekday train times have been adjusted for Regional Rail Lines with some trains departing earlier or later than previously scheduled.
- Airport Line trains will offer service to/from Glenside Combined and Warminster Stations.
- Fox Chase: Weekday inbound morning train #805 will depart from Fox Chase at 5:25 a.m., 25 minutes earlier than previously scheduled. Weekday evening outbound train #846 will depart from Suburban Station at 5:32 p.m., 25 minutes later than previously scheduled.
- Lansdale/Doylestown: Weekday inbound Train #6537 will depart from Doylestown at 12:52 p.m., 20 minutes earlier. Weekday outbound morning train #6506 will depart from Suburban Station at 6:55 a.m., 13 minutes earlier than previously scheduled.
- Manayunk/Norristown: Weekday inbound train #6269 which departs from Norristown Transportation Center at 6:15 p.m. has been discontinued. A new inbound weekday Train #6267 will depart from Elm Street Station at 6:20 p.m. and make all stops into Center City. Weekday outbound Train #3224 will depart from Suburban Station at 7:38 a.m., 21 minutes earlier than previously scheduled.
- Warminster: Select morning and evening weekday trains that previously originated from Glenside will now originate at Warminster and make all stops into Center City. New weekday service has been added between Warminster and Ardsley stations. A new early morning train will depart from Warminster at 5:00 a.m., provide service through Center City and continue to the Airport.
- Glenside Combined: Train #5315 will stop at Elkins Park at 6:53 a.m. and Train #4213 will stop at Melrose Park at 7:10 a.m. These stops were not listed in the printed schedules, however, SEPTA would like to assure customers that the trains will make these stops.
Customers should refer to the timetables for specific service information. Customers can also look for signage posted at stations for additional service and boarding information.
Android and iPhone app users can receive the latest version of the Regional Rail schedules by updating the SEPTA App. To update the iPhone app, users should tap “Settings” and then “Update” to get the new schedules. Riders using the SEPTA app for Android devices should visit the Google Play Store for updated schedules.
Customers can also stay connected by following their Regional Rail Lines on Twitter. Click here for more information.