One Day Regional Rail passes for the Papal Visit will be made available through an online lottery scheduled to begin Monday, Aug. 3. The lottery system, which is being built in partnership with Philadelphia firm Ticketleap and hosted by Amazon.com, is being designed to accommodate heavy demand. The one-day passes are $10 each, limited in quantity and required for travel on Regional Rail during the Papal Visit Saturday, Sept. 26, and Sunday, Sept. 27.
The lottery system will allow customers to enter requests for passes over a 24-hour period – so there is no need to rush to the site. Ticketleap will launch the Papal Visit One Day Regional Rail Pass lottery website on Aug. 3 at 12:01 a.m., and keep it open until 11:59 p.m. A link will be provided on SEPTA’s website at www.septa.org when Ticketleap opens the site. All valid submissions will have the same chances of winning the lottery, regardless of what time they are submitted.
Here is the entry process for customers to enter the lottery for Papal Visit Regional Rail Passes:
- Any time on Monday, Aug. 3, click the “Enter Lottery” link that will be posted on SEPTA’s homepage, www.septa.org. This will take customers directly to the lottery form on Ticketleap’s website with an entry form.
- Select travel dates – Saturday and/or Sunday, Sept. 26 and/or Sept. 27;
- Enter up to three preferred outlying Regional Rail Stations
- Pick travel time slot from outlying stations, either 5:30 a.m. -8:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.-noon
- Quantity of passes: Customers can request up to 10 each day. Customers with a valid PA Disability Transit ID Card or Medicare Card can request one $5 reduced fare pass each day.
- Provide valid email address and contact information
Once the lottery concludes, Ticketleap will generate a master list of all entries and analyze the data to remove fraudulent, duplicate and other suspicious entries. This will help ensure the passes are purchased by those who want to come to see the pope, and are also available for regular customers who need to get to work or have other travel needs. Customers who make multiple submissions could have their entries voided.
Valid entries will be put in a database and winners selected at random by Ticketleap. Customers with winning entries will receive a “congratulations” email on Thursday. Aug. 6, with a personalized link to a secured page where they can complete their transaction with a debit or credit card. SEPTA will mail the passes to customers.
For details on Regional Rail travel during the Papal Visit Sept. 26-27, visit www.septa.org.
In the coming weeks, the Mayor’s Office, the World Meeting of Families, SEPTA and other partners will continue to provide additional information about all transportation options during the Papal Visit. Announcements will be made as soon as details are available.