SEPTA will offer special late night Regional Rail service to accommodate New Year’s Eve crowds heading home after taking part in festivities at Penn’s Landing, Center City, Times Square and elsewhere.
Complete New Year’s Holiday service information for all SEPTA modes is posted online at www.septa.org.
Highlights of the service plan are as follows:
Monday, Dec. 31 (New Year’s Eve)
- SEPTA Regional Rail trains will operate on a regular weekday schedule with special late night service departing from Center City stations.
- The special schedule is available for download at: https://www.septa.org/events/pdf/2018-12-rrd-nye.pdf
- The late night New Year’s Eve schedule includes added service to Chestnut Hill East, Fox Chase, Elwyn, Lansdale, Malvern, Trenton (with connections to New Jersey Transit to New York), Norristown and Warminster.
- During the New Year’s holiday, fare collection and fare inspection hours will change. Customers should visit the Key fare collection page at: https://www.septa.org/key/updates/holiday-validation.html for more information.
- All SEPTA buses, except the Route 204 will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
- Several bus routes will be temporarily detoured on 15th Street between JFK. Blvd. and Chestnut St. to accommodate preparations for the Mummers Parade. The temporary detour will be in effect from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Customers should follow @SEPTA_Bus for service information throughout the day.
Broad Street and Market-Frankford Line
- SEPTA Broad Street Line and Market-Frankford Line trains will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
- Additional Broad Street and Market-Frankford Line trains have been added to accommodate crowds traveling to Penn’s Landing for Fireworks.
- SEPTA Broad Street and Market-Frankford Line trains will operate all-night service on New Year’s Eve.
Tuesday, Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day)
- All Regional Rail trains will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- All buses with the exception of the Route 204 will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- A number of buses that operate on and around the Mummers Parade route will be on detour. Full details on adjusted bus routing and real-time detour updates will be posted on the System Status section of SEPTA’s website at www.septa.org. Customers can also check TransitView or follow @SEPTA_Bus for service information throughout the day as detour information is subject to change.
For detailed information, customers can visit www.septa.org to view changes to SEPTA service and download the special New Year’s Eve schedule. Customers can also contact SEPTA Customer Service representatives by phone at 215-580-7800. Riders can stay connected by following @SEPTA on Twitter for real-time service information for all SEPTA modes.