With more customers switching to the SEPTA Key, token and TransPass sales will end at bus districts Monday, April 2, and the phase-out of token sales at select Regional Rail stations will begin Friday, March 23. This represents the next major move toward implementation of the SEPTA Key.
Currently, four SEPTA bus districts – Allegheny, Callowhill, Germantown and Southern – sell tokens and magnetic stripe TransPasses. To help customers make the transition to the SEPTA Key, special events will be held at each of these locations. The SEPTA Key mobile truck will be out offering customers the opportunity to a get a SEPTA Key Card and purchase Transit fare products. The events will be held 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. as follows:
- Allegheny District: Sunday, March 18; Monday, March 26; Friday, March 30
- Callowhill District: Saturday, March 17; Sunday, March 25; Monday April 2
- Germantown District: Friday, March 16; Saturday, March 24; Saturday, March 31
- Southern District: Monday, March 19 and Friday March 23
SEPTA will also begin phasing out sales of tokens at Regional Rail stations between Friday, March 23 and Friday, April 6. A full schedule of stations by line is posted on SEPTA’s website at www.septa.org/key. This phase-out will start at stations with a low volume of token sales, before moving to busier stations on April 6, including Temple University, Jefferson, Suburban, 30th Street and University City stations. Also, after April 6, there will still be 16 stations strategically located throughout the SEPTA system that will continue to sell tokens until further notice. Go to www.septa.org/key for the station list.
Customers currently using tokens and legacy TransPasses are urged to make the switch to the SEPTA Key. It provides the same fare payment methods and discounts, but with added convenience and benefits including:
- One Card that can be loaded and reloaded with the SEPTA Transit fare of your choice
- Weekly/Monthly TransPass, One Day Convenience Pass
- Put money in the Card Travel Wallet and ride as you do today using tokens and transfers
- Protection against loss or theft when you register your Key Card
- Options to purchase fares at SEPTA Sales Offices, Transit Station/Loop Fare Kiosks, online at www.septakey.org.
For more information about the SEPTA Key, visit www.septa.org/key.