This week, SEPTA begins a series of public hearings regarding the proposed Fiscal Year 2019 Operating Budget. The proposal is available at https://www.septa.org/strategic-plan/reports/2019-03-operating-budget-proposal.pdf.
The proposed Operating Budget is $1.45 billion, and maintains current SEPTA service levels, with no increase in fares for riders. Fiscal Year 2019 is the 12-month period that begins July 1, 2018 and ends June 30, 2019. The operating budget provides funding for the everyday costs of running the transit system, such as labor, fuel and power.
Hearings will be held in each of the five counties in the SEPTA service region from Wednesday, April 18 through Tuesday, April 24. Customers, residents, stakeholders and other members of the public are encouraged to attend, ask questions and submit comments. An independent Hearing Examiner will attend all sessions, and make recommendations before the proposal goes to the SEPTA Board for a vote.
The public hearing schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, April 18: Delaware County Court House, County Council Room-1st Floor; 201 West Front Street, Media, PA. Sessions at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Thursday, April 19: Bucks County Free Library, Pearl Buck Room; 150 South Pine Street, Doylestown, PA. Sessions at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Friday, April 20: (Chester County) Spellman Building, Council Meeting Room; 829 Paoli Pike, West Chester, PA. Sessions at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Monday, April 23: (Philadelphia) SEPTA Headquarters – Board Room, Mezzanine Level; 1234 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA. Sessions at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 24: Montgomery County Human Services Center Community Room, Main Floor; 1430 DeKalb Street, Norristown, PA. Sessions at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
For further details on the budget, please see the full proposal at https://www.septa.org/strategic-
Comments can also be submitted online at https://www.septa.org/notice/fy19-operating-budget.html.