With more customers switching to the SEPTA Key, sales of tokens and magnetic stripe TransPass at third-party retailers will end this summer. SEPTA is replacing these sales – and adding more options for customers – with an expanded SEPTA Key External Retail Network throughout the city and region.
Sales of tokens at third-party retailers will end beginning July 15, and sales of magnetic stripe Weekly TransPasses will end on Monday, July 30. In addition, July will be the last month for which customers can purchase a magnetic stripe Monthly TransPass at a third-party location. SEPTA ended sales of tokens and magnetic stripe TransPasses at Authority-operated sales offices earlier this spring. (Please note: Tokens will continue to be sold in bulk to social service agencies, as work continues to implement a new method for these organizations to provide SEPTA fares to their clients.)
SEPTA is working to expand the number of locations where customers can get a Key Card. In addition to station kiosks and SEPTA sales offices, the SEPTA Key External Retail Network has grown to over 300 locations. This includes convenience and grocery stories, pharmacies and a variety of other retail outlets. For more information on External Retail Network locations, visit https://www.septa.org/key/external-retailers.html.
Customers who are still using tokens and legacy TransPasses are urged to make the switch to the SEPTA Key. It provides the same fare payment methods and discounts, but with added convenience and benefits including:
- One Card that can be loaded and reloaded with the SEPTA Transit fare of your choice
- Weekly/Monthly TransPass, One Day Convenience Pass
- Put money in the Card Travel Wallet and ride as you do today using tokens and transfers
- Protection against loss or theft when you register your Key Card
- Options to purchase fares at SEPTA sales offices, transit station/bus loop Fare Kiosks, online at www.septakey.org, and at the SEPTA Key External Retail Network.
For more information about the SEPTA Key, visit www.septa.org/key.