Following up on the December 2016 Regional Rail schedule change to enhance service reliability, SEPTA is embarking on a second round of schedule changes that will focus on addressing congestion, continued implementation of Positive Train Control and train run times. The new SEPTA Regional Rail schedules will go into effect on Sunday, Jan. 29.
Customers should refer to the timetables for specific service information. As part of the Authority’s commitment to follow sustainability practices, we continue to look for ways to sensibly conserve resources. Within this context, the close timing of the schedule changes planned for the initial phase of our Regional Rail Service Improvement Program — Dec. 11, Jan. 29, April 9 — made us think about the best way to be fiscally and environmentally responsible while still being responsive to your need for information. So we are taking a different approach for the January 29th schedule change. Printed schedules will not be available in stations for the January schedule change however; schedule information will be posted in Center City stations. Schedules are available for download at: http://septa.org/schedules/january.html Customers can also look for signage posted at stations for additional service and boarding information.
SEPTA encourages Regional Rail passengers with iPhone or Android devices to sign up for the SEPTA App. Current Android and iPhone app users can receive the latest version of the Regional Rail schedules by updating the SEPTA App on Sun. Jan. 29. To update the iPhone app, users should tap “Settings” and then “Update” to get the new schedules. Riders using the SEPTA app for Android devices should visit the Google Play Store for updated schedules. The Next to Arrive feature at http://app.septa.org/nta/ provides personalized schedule information for customer trips and also delivers real-time train status information to a customer’s cell phone.
Highlights of the Jan. 29 schedule change are as follows:
– Weekday train times have been adjusted for Regional Rail Lines with some trains departing earlier or later than previously scheduled.
– Airport Line Inbound Train #404 (departs Airport Terminals E and F at 5:37 a.m.) will no longer stop at Wayne Junction, Fern Rock or Melrose Park Stations. Inbound train #448 (departing from Airport Terminals E and F at 4:37 p.m.) will no longer stop at Wayne Junction Fern Rock, Melrose Park or Elkins Park stations. Train #448 will also depart three to four minutes earlier from Jenkintown-Wyncote and Glenside Stations.
– Chestnut Hill East: Select trains will operate up to eight minutes later.
– Cynwyd: Select weekday inbound and outbound trains will operate three to 16 minutes later.
– Lansdale/Doylestown: Trains departing between 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. between Delaware Valley University and Chalfont stations may depart ahead of schedule as stops will only be made to discharge or pick-up passengers (D-Stops Only). Additional morning service has been added to Elkins Park Station with train #5315 which departs from Colmar at 6:10 a.m. Service has also been added to Link Belt Station with trains #6517 departing from Doylestown Station at 7:58 a.m. and #521 departing from Doylestown at 8:52 a.m. Train #519 will originate at Lansdale Station at 8:48 a.m. and will no longer stop at Link Belt, Colmar, Fortuna or 9th St. Station. Evening train #573 which departs from Colmar at 5:23 p.m. will depart four minutes later from all stations and will no longer stop at Melrose Par or Wayne Junction Stations.
– Manayunk/Norristown: Select trains will operate later than previously scheduled. Weekday outbound train #6212 departing from 30th Street Station at 5:41 a.m. will not stop at Elm Street Station. Train #3224 will depart from 30th Street Station at 7:30 a.m., and will no longer stop at North Broad Station.
– Media/Elwyn: Many trains will depart earlier than previously scheduled.
– Paoli/Thorndale: Select morning trains will depart earlier and later than previously scheduled. Inbound train #9506 will now originate from Villanova Station and depart at 7:52 a.m. Train #9536 departing from Malvern at 7:42 a.m. will now stop at Haverford, Ardmore, Wynnewood, Narberth, Merion and Overbrook Stations. Weekday outbound train #551 departing from Temple University at 4:04 p.m. will no longer stop at Exton, Whitford, Downingtown or Thorndale Stations.
– Trenton: Most trains will depart a few minutes earlier than previously scheduled. Trains #769 departing from Temple University at 8:46 p.m., #773 departing from Temple University at 6:36 p.m. and #8775 departing from Temple University at 10:32 p.m. will now serve Eddington Station.
– Warminster: Additional weekday morning service has been added to Melrose Park with train #4213 departing from Warminster Station at 6:40 a.m. Train #404 departing from 30th Street Station at 6:00 a.m. will no longer make stops at Wayne Junction, Fern Rock Transportation Center or Melrose Part Stations and will depart three minutes earlier from Elkins Park Station. Outbound train #448 departing from 30th Street Station at 5:00 p.m. will no longer stop at Wayne Junction, Fern Rock Transportation Center, Melrose Park or Elkins Park Stations and will depart from Jenkintown/Wyncote Station earlier than previously scheduled.
– West Trenton: Most trains will depart earlier than previously scheduled.
– Wilmington/Newark: Select inbound trains will operate a few minutes later.
Customers can also stay connected by following their Regional Rail Lines on Twitter: www.septa.org/alert/twitter. SEPTA customer service representatives are available at 215-580-7800.