SEPTA will offer special late night Regional Rail service to accommodate New Year’s Eve crowds taking part in festivities at Penn’s Landing, Center City, Times Square and elsewhere.
Complete New Year’s Holiday service information for all SEPTA modes is posted online at www.septa.org. Highlights of the service plan are as follows:
Sunday, Dec. 31 ( New Year’s Eve)
- SEPTA Regional Rail trains will operate on a regular Sunday schedule with special late night service departing from Center City stations.
- The special schedule is available for download at: http://www.septa.org/events/pdf/2017-12-31-rrd-nye-schedule.pdf
- The late night New Year’s Eve schedule includes added service to Chestnut Hill East, Fox Chase, Elwyn, Lansdale, Malvern, Norristown, Warminster, Trenton/NJ Transit service to and from New York, and West Trenton.
- Ticket Offices at Jefferson, Suburban and 30th Street Stations will remain open until 1:30 a.m. At Jefferson Station, the Market St. Convention Center will remain open until 1:00 a.m. to accommodate customers returning from the New Year’s Eve fireworks display.
- Temporary bus detours will be in effect on 15th Street between John F. Kennedy Boulevard and Chestnut Street from 12:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. to accommodate preparations for the Mummers Parade.
Broad Street & Market/Frankford Lines:
- Beginning at 4:18 p.m., additional trains have been added to accommodate crowds traveling to and from Penn’s Landing for fireworks.
- SEPTA Broad Street and Market/Frankford Line trains will operate all-night service on New Year’s Eve.
Monday, Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day)
- All Regional Rail trains will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- City Transit Buses and Trolleys will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- A number of buses that operate on and around the Mummers Parade route will be on detour. Full details on adjusted bus routing and real-time detour updates will be posted on the System Status section of SEPTA’s website at www.septa.org
For detailed information, customers can visit www.septa.org to view changes to their train lines and download the special New Year’s Eve schedule. Customers can also contact SEPTA Customer Service representatives by phone at (215) 580-7800.