SEPTA would like to advise customers about a number of bus detours that will be in place on Sunday, May 12, 2013 for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. There will also be extra pre-race service on some Regional Rail lines.
More than a dozen bus routes operating on and around the Benjamin Franklin Parkway and JFK Boulevard in the Art Museum area and parts of Center City will be adjusted due to road closures for the race.
Starting at approximately 7 a.m. Sunday, the following SEPTA bus routes will be detoured: 2, 7, 9, 17, 27, 31, 32, 33, 38, 43, 44, 48, 124 and 125. SEPTA will resume normal operations on these bus routes as soon as possible after the race. Detour route information for all these buses, and any additional service adjustments that may be necessary, will be posted in the System Status section of this website.
SEPTA will also add six inbound Regional Rail trains on Sunday morning to accommodate runners and others traveling to the event. These trips, which supplement regularly scheduled Regional Rail service, will arrive at Center City stations between 6 a.m. and 6:45 a.m.
The extra trip schedule for Regional Rail is as follows:
- Media/Elwyn Line: Extra trip departs from the Elwyn Station at 5:33 a.m.
- Wilmington/Newark Line: Extra trip departs from the Marcus Hook Station at 5:48 a.m.
- Lansdale/Doylestown Line: Extra trip departs from the Lansdale Station at 5:12 a.m.
- Manayunk/Norristown Line: Extra trip departs from the Elm Street Station at 5:48 a.m.
- Paoli/Thorndale Line: Extra trip departs from the Malvern Station at 5:20 a.m.
- West Trenton Line: Extra trip departs from the West Trenton Station at 5:18 a.m.
For additional SEPTA information, including fares and schedules, click here.