SEPTA will hold public hearings April 20-24 throughout the five-county service region on the proposed Fiscal Year 2016 Operating Budget and Fiscal Years 2017-2021 Financial Projections.
SEPTA’s proposed Operating Budget for Fiscal Year 2016, the 12-month period from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, is $1.36 billion, an increase of 2.84 percent over Fiscal Year 2015. The operating budget provides funding for the everyday costs of running the transit system, such as labor, fuel and power.
The budget proposal maintains current SEPTA service levels, with no increase in fares. It includes resources for the permanent implementation of 24-hour weekend service on the Broad Street Line subway and Market-Frankford Line subway/elevated, which was launched as a pilot program last year.
To engage the public in the budget process, SEPTA holds two hearings in each of the five counties in which it operates. Public comments are considered before the budget proposal goes to the SEPTA Board for a vote at its monthly meeting on May 28, 2015.
Here is the public hearing schedule:
- Bucks County, Monday, April 20: Bucks County Free Library, Pearl Buck Room; 150 South Pine Street, Doylestown, PA. Hearings at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Philadelphia, Tuesday, April 21: SEPTA Headquarters, Board Room-Mezzanine Level; 1234 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA. Sessions at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Delaware County, Wednesday, April 22: Delaware County Courthouse, County Council Meeting Room-First Floor; 201 West Front Street, Media, PA. Hearings at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Montgomery County, Thursday, April 23: Montgomery County Human Services Center, Community Room-Main Floor; 1430 Dekalb Street, Norristown, PA. Sessions at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Chester County, Friday, April 24: West Chester Borough Hall, Council Chambers; 401 East Gay Street, West Chester, PA. Sessions at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
The full Operating Budget proposal can be viewed online by clicking here.
For more information about the public hearings, and instructions on how to submit written comments, click here.