SEPTA has launched a new version of its Official App for Apple and Android devices, enhancing travel tools for customers and creating a more personal experience from their mobile devices.
“The new app was built with customer comments and feedback in mind,” said SEPTA General Manager Jeffrey D. Knueppel. “It offers greater ease to check schedules and find service information.”
Among the features is a refreshed version of TrainView, which provides visual location updates for Regional Rail trains approximately every 30 seconds – allowing the Official SEPTA App to deliver the most current information about scheduled service and in-service delays. This new version of TrainView is also available on SEPTA’s website, www.septa.org.
TrainView automatically formats to any device, so riders can view it from a computer at work, a mobile device, or tablet without having to adjust the size. It allows customers to track the progress of any train on an interactive map. These features will soon be available for buses with TransitView, which is in final testing. Like TrainView, customers will be able to access TransitView through the Official SEPTA App and at www.septa.org.
The new Official SEPTA App is now available as a free download in both the Apple App Store and Google Play. Customers looking for the App should search for “Official SEPTA App” and look for the SEPTA logo. Some of the other features included in the updated App include:
- Simple, easy to understand navigation to get you directly to your preferred mode of travel.
- “Favorite” your commute or frequent trip to see when your next bus, trolley or train arrives.
- Get real-time travel information with the Next to Arrive feature and check for alerts or advisories right from the same screen.
- Easier to navigate Alerts page with service advisories, detours, and now weather information all within the same place.
- Improved layout for selecting and viewing schedules and the duration of your trip.
- Tap on “More” to find the best Fare product and to connect with SEPTA via Customer Service phone numbers, our comment form, Live Chat, and social media.
For more information about the Official SEPTA App, including instructions on how to download it and update existing downloads to the latest version, please visit http://www.septa.org/service/new-app.html.