SEPTA will issue new schedules for all Regional Rail Lines effective Sunday, July 25.
In addition to a number of time changes, riders will also notice new easier to read Regional Rail schedules. The most noticeable change to the schedule is the single color designation – blue gray – for all Regional Rail Lines. New individual train numbers will also be introduced. These numbers will appear in the new timetables and displayed on service monitors in Center City Stations.
The Line destination name will be featured prominently at the top of the new schedules and a station listing will now appear on the front cover so customers can see all of the stations served at a glance. Inside, riders will find the schedule has been redesigned for easier reading of train times and the station amenity information has been moved so customers can see if a location is accessible or has parking.
New train numbers can be found at the top of each column; connecting service information will appear at the bottom of the column if a train is continuing to another destination once it leaves Center City. Easy reference boxes have also been added with 3 letter abbreviations for station names. To reduce confusion when traveling, passengers are reminded the ‘R’ designation has been removed.
Highlights of the upcoming schedule changes include:
- Fox Chase Line – Train #827 will run 1 minute earlier, departing Fox Chase at 11:23 a.m.
- Lansdale/Doylestown Line – Train #513 will no longer stop at Melrose Park or Wayne Junction stations. Customers may use Train #323 instead. Train #564 will run 3 minutes earlier departing 30th Street Station at 2:42 p.m.
- Media/Elwyn Line – Time adjustments have been made to most weekday, midday, and weekend trains.
- Paoli/Thorndale Line – Train #9562 will now operate as train #562 and will run 2 minutes later departing Thorndale at 1:10 p.m. Train #564 will run 2 minutes later departing Malvern at 1:57 p.m.
- Warminster Line – Train #6215 will operate as train #6415 and will run 1 minute later departing Warminster at 7:14 a.m. Train #6415 will not make stops at Elkins Park or Fern Rock stations. Customers may use Train #323. Train #438 will operate locally to Glenside with no stops at North Broad Street Station, departing 30th Street Station at 3:00 p.m.
- West Trenton Line – Train #323 will run 3 minutes earlier, departing West Trenton at 7:06 a.m., and now stop at Elkins Park, Melrose Park & Wayne Junction stations. Train #4358 will now operate as train #6358 and will run 8 minutes earlier departing 30th Street Station at 2:52 p.m.
All regional rail passengers should check for changes to their specific trains. The new schedules are currently available on the SEPTA web site at www.septa.org. Passengers may pick up new timetables at Market-East, Suburban and 30th Street Stations and SEPTA sales offices. Passengers may call SEPTA Customer Service at 215-580-7800 for all service information.