Following several successful station cleaning and maintenance blitzes last year SEPTA is continuing the initiative beginning this month and through September on the Broad Street (BSL) and Market-Frankford Lines (MFL).
The first station included in the blitz will be North Philadelphia on the Broad Street Line beginning this weekend, May 6-8. For each blitz, stations will close at 8 p.m. on Friday and reopen Monday morning at 5 a.m. Efforts will focus on maintenance, including work on elevators, as well as painting, power washing, and installing enhanced lighting and new signage.
Below are dates and locations for the rest of the blitz at each station:
- Somerset Station (MFL) May 13, 14, 15
- 13th Street Station (MFL) June 3, 4, 5
- 34th Street Station (MFL) June 17, 18, 19
- Ellsworth-Federal Station (BSL) June 24, 25, 26
- Huntingdon Station (MFL) July 29, 30, 31
- Wyoming Station (BSL) August 5, 6, 7
During the closures, customers can find alternate service at neighboring stations on the Broad Street and Market-Frankford Lines, or on nearby bus routes. For trip-planning tools and schedules, please visit www.SEPTA.org.