Fares for Children
Children 12 and Older
Children in this age group pay regular adult fare. Accepted payment methods are:
- Regional Rail: Key Card, Quick Trip Pass, cash, credit cards and debit cards.
- Bus, Trolley, Trackless Trolley: Key Card, cash, credit/debit cards, mobile payment apps.
- Market Frankford, Broad Street, and Norristown High Speed Lines: Key Card, Quick Trip Pass, cash, credit/debit, mobile payment apps.
Exact fare is necessary at the fare box or cashier booth.
Children Traveling Alone
The fare and payment guidelines for children 12 and older also apply to children under 12 who are not accompanied by a fare-paying adult.
All children under the age of 12 who are riding with a fare-paying adult may ride free of charge any time.
Free Quick Trip Passes are available at Center City Regional Rail Station sales windows for children under 12 who are traveling with a fare-paying adult. A Quick Trip Pass is needed to access the station turnstiles.
SEPTA has three locations where customers may transfer between services without paying an additional fare. Signs and announcements may refer to this as a free interchange.
The locations are:
- 15th Street/City Hall Station: a free interchange between the Market-Frankford Line, Broad Street Line, and Trolley Lines
- 13th Street/Juniper Station: a free interchange between the Market-Frankford Line and Trolley Lines
- 30th Street: a free interchange between the Market-Frankford Line and Trolley Lines