Appealing Parking Violations
Parking violations can be appealed by contacting SEPTA by either letter or email within the time limit specified on the violation record/ticket. The correspondence must include the following:
- Ticket Number or Issue Number
- License Plate Number
- Make and Color of Vehicle
- City, State, Zip
- Telephone Number
- The reason why the violation is being appealed
Appeals without contact information will not be processed.
The appeal will be processed by the Parking Department and the decision will be reviewed by SEPTA management. All decisions are final. SEPTA will attempt to respond to all appeals in writing, or by email within 14 days of receipt of the appeal.
Mail appeals to:
SEPTA Parking Violations
P.O. Box 7780-1883
Philadelphia, PA 19182-1942
Email appeals to: [email protected]
Many customers are dropped off at station parking lots. We ask those not parking to respect the needs of those who do park by following a few simple guidelines:
- Do not park in vacant permit spaces or spaces designated for disabled riders.
- Keep driveways and travel lanes clear.
- Do not stop where your car will block walkways or access to stairwells and platforms.
- Do not block vacant parking spaces.
- While waiting to pick up a passenger, be prepared to move your vehicle if it is blocking another customer’s car.
Passengers being dropped off should exit their cars promptly and not sit idling in the parking lot.