When deviations to service occur, they are classified throughout our website as one of three notifications.
- Travel Alert is an unanticipated change in route service currently happening.
- Travel Advisory is a planned, temporary change in schedule or service, including route changes, scheduled to happen in the near future. Advisories may be in effect for short periods of time (1-2 weeks) or longer periods of time (3 months-2 years). A Customer Notice will also serve as a continued reminder of planned, long-term changes currently in effect.
- Bus Detours are planned or unanticipated change in the regular route caused by conditions such as street construction; events & parades; weather; and the like. Route changes for a planned detour may also be advertised as a Travel Advisory.
It is always recommended for customers to check for service changes before traveling.
Our Customer Service agents are available to help plan your travel route by calling (215) 580-7800. Our website also has a trip planner that allows you to create custom travel itineraries for our Bus, Subway, Trolley, and Regional Rail services. All you do is enter your starting point, final destination, (street addresses work equally well), and date and time of travel and Plan My Trip will provide travel option information. All possible routes will be outlined, total travel time calculated, and you can also get return trip information.
We have two quick and easy ways to check on the status of our vehicles:
- Trainview – Regional Rail Trains
- System Status – Buses and Trolleys
SEPTA offers service to the South Philadelphia Sports Complexes via the Broad Street Line and bus routes 4 and 17.
Learn more about the Broad Street Line Sports Express.
The Airport Line Regional Rail train provides service to/from the Philadelphia International Airport every 30 minutes from about 4:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., connecting with all SEPTA services in Center City, with transfers at Jefferson, Suburban, and 30th Street Stations. Bus Routes 37 and 108 also service the Philadelphia International Airport.
Information on SEPTA Fares can be found in the Fares section.
Information about online SEPTA sales can be found in the SEPTA Key FAQ section.
The Independence Pass is available for both individuals and families (up to five people). These passes provide one day of travel on any service SEPTA operates. The cost varies for the Individual or Family pass, and an additional charge applies when traveling to or from the state of New Jersey.
SEPTA offers discounted fares available for both Senior Citizens and riders with disabilities.
Information on Senior Citizen discounts can be found in the Senior Citizen Fares section.
Information on discounts for riders with disabilities can be found in the riders with disabilities section.
SEPTA offers colleges and universities the opportunity to offer their students a discounted semester-based transit pass through SEPTA’s University Pass program. Participating institutions can establish their discount levels and elect the fare products best suited for their students and staff, in coordination with the institution’s academic calendar. More information is available in the fares section.
Yes, through SEPTA’s Commuter’s Choice Program, employees that commute using SEPTA can save up to $900 a year. Employers can save money too.
SEPTA offers a variety of career opportunities for people with diverse skills and qualifications, including bus operators, mechanics, conductors, engineers, and other support personnel. Visit our Careers website.