SEPTA’s specially wrapped Philabundance bus is once again heading to SEPTA Regional Rail stations and Transportation Centers throughout the Greater Philadelphia region from June 18-22 for the 10th annual “Stop Hunger At Your Station” food drive. The bus collects donations of canned foods for the authority in support of Philabundance and its agencies.
The “Stop Hunger At Your Station” SEPTA bus will be parked at the following locations schedule on the dates and times listed below:
- Monday, June 18: SEPTA Center City Philadelphia Headquarters at 1234 Market Street, 7:30-9:30 a.m., and Cornwells Heights Regional Rail Station, 3-6 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 19: Jenkintown Regional Rail Station, 6:30-9 a.m., and Bethlehem Bus Loop/Chestnut Hill East Station, 3-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 20: Swarthmore Regional Rail Station, 6:30-9 a.m., and 69th Street Transportation Center South Terminal, 3-6p.m.
- Thursday, June 21: Bryn Mawr Regional Rail Station, 6:30-9 a.m., and Glenside Regional Rail Station, 3-6 p.m.
- Friday, June 22: Norristown Transportation Center, 6:30-9 a.m., and University City Regional Rail Station, 3-6 p.m.
Customers can also drop off donations of canned and boxed goods in marked barrels at 43 designated locations throughout the transit system (a list of locations can be found at www.septa.org). CCT customers wishing to participate will be able to give their canned good contributions to their vehicle operator. Philabundance is especially in need of:
- Canned or shelf stabilized tuna
- Canned pasta
- Canned fruit
- Canned beef ravioli
- Creamy peanut butter (plastic containers only, please)
- Jelly (plastic containers only, please)
The public can also help feed neighbors in need by making a donation to Philabundance online at www.philabundance.org/septa, or by contributing $10 by texting “Food” to 41010. For every dollar donated, Philabundance can provide two meals. Any monetary contribution will count toward the total collected through the SEPTA 2018 campaign. In 2017, SEPTA customers and employees contributed almost the equivalent of almost 35,000 meals for Philabundance and its member agencies. Since 2009, SEPTA customers and employees have donated almost 280,000 meals.
Philabundance is the Greater Philadelphia region’s largest hunger-relief organization. In fiscal year 2017, Philabundance distributed approximately 25 million pounds of food across the Delaware Valley.