SEPTA will operate additional rail service on New Year’s Eve to provide additional travel options for customers. A number of bus detours will also be in effect on New Year’s Day to accomodate the Mummers Parade.
Full New Year’s travel information is posted online at www.septa.org. Below is a summary of SEPTA’s holiday service plan.
Thursday, Dec. 31 – New Year’s Eve
SEPTA will operate enhanced late-evening schedules on the Broad Street Line, Market Frankford Line, and Regional Rail to accomodate New Years’ Eve travel. A special customer guide is now available online at: https://www.septa/org/events/nye-service.html:
- Extra trains will operate on the Broad Street and Market Frankford Lines starting at 7:05 p.m. for trabel to the fireworks displays at Penn’s Landing.
- Broad Street and Market Frankford Line trains will operate overnight service Dec. 31 into Jan 1.
- Additional late-night trips have been added on most Regional Rail lines. Scheduled have been posted at stations and online at: https://www.septa.org/events/pdf/2015-12m-rrd-nye.pdf. Parking at all SEPTA-owned Regional Rail lots will be free after 5 p.m. on Dec. 31.
- The Market Street/Convention Center entrance to Jefferson Station will remain open until 2 a.m. to accommodate customers returning from New Year’s Eve fireworks.
- Regional Rail ticket windows at 30th Street, Suburban, and Jefferson Stations will remain open until 2 a.m., and then reopen at 6 a.m. Jan. 1.
Friday, Jan. 1
- All SEPTA services will operate on a Sunday/Holiday schedule.
- Trains on the Broad Street Line will operate every 8-10 minutes from 8 a.m. until at least 6 p.m. to accomodate travel to and from the Mummers Parade.
- Most Bus Routes operating around City Hall and South Broad Street will be on detour due to the parade. Riders are encouraged to check the System Status page at www.septa.org before travel.
Saturday, Jan 2. and Sunday, Jan. 3
All SEPTA services will operate on normal weekend service schedules.
Monday, Jan. 4, 2016
Normal weekday service schedules resume on all SEPTA services.