We can all prevent suicide. At SEPTA, we believe with help comes hope. If you or any of your loved ones are experiencing distress or thoughts of suicide, please call or text 988.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is committed to providing the best professional practices as well as building awareness.
For more information, visit The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website.
988 is the three-digit line directed to trained counselors for millions of Americans seeking help and guidance.
Similar to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 988 is a designated crisis line to effectively promote and resource the following:
- Connect a person in a mental health crisis to a trained counselor who can address their immediate needs and help connect them to ongoing care.
- Reduce health care spending with more cost-effective early intervention.
- Reduce use of law enforcement, public health, and other safety resources.
- Meet the growing need for crisis intervention at scale.
- Help end stigma toward those seeking or accessing mental healthcare.
1-800-273-8255 (TALK) is still available to people in emotional distress or suicidal crisis.